Disclaimer

Disclaimer :
This is a personal blog. Views and opinions expressed here are of author's and not intended to disgrace any religion, institution or individual. The writer(author) also admits that his views may not be necessarily same as those of others.

Monday, 7 February 2011

And thus the year hasbegun


I woke up to the tune of my alarm; almost seven and cold-it was Sunday morning, 1 January, 2011. Opened my cell-phone, saw dozen of new text messages (in the inbox) all wishing me good luck.
 I began the day with lighting a butter lamp; after daily-water-offering chore, Standing in front of statues (kept inside alter), palms together attached to my chest like a real worshiper, eyes closed, I bade farewell to the year that had been significant in many ways; I was grateful for the success I had had and the milestone I had ever achieved and thus my prayer: - may all good things happen to us all once again, more good things this year. May each passing day bring peace to every heart and prosperity to every family; let success overcome our failures, innovation rule indolence, awareness win over ignorance… wishes continued.

And then I fetched a book (the one I bought a day before from DSB enterprise, Thimphu)   WHAT MAKES YOU not A BUDDHIST by Dzongsar Jamyang Khentse-I began reading; I began my new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment